Friday, September 12, 2008

Am too a fairy princess-New Tutorial

This is my first tutorial-I hope everyone can undertsand it easily ;)



Needed:Eyecandy 4000/Gradient Glow (optional)Tube of choice, I used the wonderful art work of Suzanne Woolcott which must be used with a license which can be purchased: http://www.gorjussart.com
Scrap kit of choice, I used the fabulous work of Tishia Mackey @ Designs by Tishia, Scrap Kit called "Plum Princess" which can be purchased:

Mask of choice-Flower mask preferable.
Font of choice, I used Aquarelle.

This is for those who have basic knowledge of paint shop pro x and other versions.

Ready to begin:

New canvas 600x600
Flood fill white (optional)
Choose a paper from the kit, I used paper #9. Resize the paper 600x600 Pixels and copy and paste as a new layer on your canvas.
Layers, new mask layer, from image and use mask WSL_mask239 or which ever mask you have chosen to use. Make sure that source luminance is checked and invert is unchecked.
Delete the mask layer and merge group.

Choose a new paper from the kit, I chose paper #4, resize and place below the mask layer.
Using your magic wand, select inside of the circle of the flower mask layer. Now, Selections, modify, expand by 15. selections, invert and making the paper layer active, hit delete. Now you should only have the paper layer in the circle part of the flower.
Now add your tube of choice and place it in the center of the flower according to where you like it.
You can move it around until you think you are happy, you can even place it below the flower layer to make it look like it is coming out of the flower.
::To do that you will need to duplicate your tube and move the copy below the flower layer and then on your original tube layer, erase all of the parts you do not want hanging out..you can also do this with your magic wand using the same settings as above::
Add a drop shadow of choice to your tube, I used -2,-2,60,4.
Using your preset shapes, ellipse, forecolor any bright color, background null, width 5, draw out a circle the size of your tag.
Now with your text tool, write out any little phrase or saying your would like too, I used "Am too a fairy princess".
Add your embelishments of choice from the kit, refer to mine above if needed.
I added the butterfly, resized and placed it onto the name.
I added a slight white gradient from eyecandy 400 and 2 drop shadows using the same settings as above to the butterfly.
I added a few more ellements and drop shadows to my likings.
At this point you can hide the bottom layer and merge visible.
Resize all layers by 75%
Now add your name and your copy right information and your done :)
I hope everyone has enjoyed my first tutorial? Please shoot me an email and let me know if you have any questions or if you want to show me your finished product :)


No comments: